Some aspects of the curriculum are delivered on discrete days or sessions when the timetable is suspended.
With considerable guidance, pupils are allowed to complete their own timetables by choosing from the following range of subjects which is reviewed each year :
- Art and Design – Graphics
- Art and Design – Textiles
- Art and Design – Fine Art
- Business Studies
- Child Development
- Design and Technology : Computer Aided Design and Manufacture (CAD/CAM)
- Food Technology
- Graphic Products
- Resistant Material Technology
- Information Communication Technology
- Media Studies
- Physical Education
- Most of these subjects lead to examination entry.
Pupils are expected to study a technological subject and a modern language. They are then allowed to make selections from the other subjects. Every effort is made to meet pupils' interests. In certain subjects, “Fast-Track” courses are available, allowing pupils with a particular aptitude to sit the a GCSE examination a year early, at the end of Year 10 or occasionally, two years early, at the end of Year 9.