Cookies are text files sent to your computer and used by your web browser to store information. The cookies we use allow your browser to remember whether you’ve visited our site before and what your preferences are.
How to refuse or withdraw consent
Although the cookies we use on this website are quite harmless and do not reveal your identity, not everyone wishes to have text files downloaded onto their computer or mobile device. If you prefer, it is possible to block some or all cookies, or even to delete cookies that have already been set; but you need to be aware that you might lose some functionality on this website.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
- https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences (Firefox);
- http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/ (Opera);
- https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
- https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411 (Safari); and
- https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (Edge).
There is also a very useful website explaining how to control your interaction with cookies - please visit this site for more information: About Cookies
Cookies on our website
On this website we use only a small number of cookies. They are:
- Name: lang, owner: Twitter, lifespan: session, remembers the user’s selected language version of a website
- Name: ga, owner: first party, lifespan: 2 Years, registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the web site.
- Name: gat, owner: first party, lifespan: session, used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate
- Name: gid, owner: first party, lifespan: session, registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the web site.
- Name: collect, owner: third party, lifespan: session, used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor’s device and behaviour. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels.
- Name: r/collect, owner: third party, lifespan: session, unclassified pixel tracker for doubleclick.net by Google
- Name: __widgetsettings, owner: Twitter, session: persistant, purpose: pending
- Name: i/jot/syndication, owner: Twitter, session: persistant, purpose: pending
- Name: local_storage_support_test, owner: Twitter, session: persistant, purpose: pending