What is the Pupil Premium?
The Pupil Premium provides additional funding on top of the main funding a school receives for its pupils. It is targeted at students:
- who are currently entitled to free school meals
- who have been entitled to free school meals at some point within the previous 6 years
- who are in Local Authority Care or have been for 1 day or more
- who were recently adopted from care
- who are the children of service personnel
Nationally, pupils who have been eligible for free school meals at any point in their school career have consistently lower educational attainment than those who have never been eligible. The main, but not sole, purpose of the Pupil Premium is to help bridge these attainment gaps.
The Pupil Premium provides funding for pupils:
- who have been in receipt of free school meals (FSM) at any point in the past 6 years (£955 per child)
- who have been in local authority care for 1 day or more (£2,345 per child)
- whose parents are currently serving in the armed forces (£310 per child)
- who have been adopted from care, or left care under a special guardianship order or a residence order (£2,345 per child)
Staffing for Management of the Pupil Premium
At Hall Mead, the day to day running and budget management is overseen by Mr Cole and Mrs French. They are non teaching staff dedicated to the use of the Pupil Premium. The effective use of funds to diminish any differences that exist between Pupil Premium students and their non Pupil Premium peers is one of their main goals. Mr Cole and Mrs French also mentor the students and provide pastoral support where necessary. They work alongside whole school practices and endeavour to support teaching staff with, not only the identification of students attracting Pupil Premium funding, but also their effective delivery of quality first teaching.
Mr Cole and Mrs French are line managed by Miss Ducker, Deputy Headteacher. Regular weekly meetings take place to discuss strategy and monitor/measure existing policies and their impact.
Pupil Premium has a dedicated link governor. Link meetings are organised on a regular basis and the link governor monitors all aspects of the department’s activities. A report is compiled and shared with all governors and the Headteacher.
Any questions you may have with regards the data or any aspect of the Pupil Premium then please contact a member of the team:
- Miss Ducker, Deputy Headteacher (SLT Link)
01708 225684 extn: 253
- Mr Cole, Pupil Premium Manager
01708 225684 extn: 237
- Mrs French, Pupil Premium Learning Mentor
01708 225684 extn: 237
- Mr M Evans, Link Governor
Contact details available upon request